Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day Twenty Six - Dang the Dabbling Habit

Prelude to 90-day Case History of Mr.Faith and
A Brief Description of COnCEPT Q

Consistency builds habits and habits build character and character is what causes you to succeed or fail in life. I think we are all a bunch of dabblers, to an extent. But that is not necessarily wrong just as long as you don't continue to dabble. When I say dabbler I mean to work at anything in an irregular or superficial manner. Dabbling is ok to try something out to see if you like it or not but once you have had an ample trial period (most people give you 30 days with a product), then either get in or get out!! If dabbling becomes a habit it builds your character of being a dabbler, and dabbling only can end up in not doing because it takes far more effort for accomplishment.

Ok, go ahead and dabble, for 30 days but then make a commitment to plunge into whatever you have decided to do and then make it a habit. For many years I have coasted on basically good health and average state of fitness. Withing the last year I have seen more doctors than I have in all my lifetime (partly because of my accident) but now I have decided that I must GET FIT, for real! I started the gym this week and it is hard! This is going to be a difficult habit to create. My wife though is my greatest motivation and with her going I can also go and get in better shape. So there you have it, my personal commitment to NOT dabble at it.

Don't wanna dabble? Then make a commitment and keep it! (Publicly) Think about it. See you tomorrow.

No comments: