Friday, July 20, 2007

Day Thirteen - A 4 am Stroll Through The Past

First of all, Please keep your gift suggestions coming! (See yesterday's blog) There are some real good suggestions and I can see the possibility of offering them. The only problem I see is, since the survey is anonymous those people that want the gift they suggest may not get it and someone else who doesn't want it gets it. Isn't that like life though at times? We may want something with all our heart and someone else who really doesn't deserve it is the one who gets it? We need to work on a solution for that problem. I have an idea or two though for a super gift that may work, but then again it may back fire, we shall see.

Last night around 4 o'clock in the morning I was just lying in bed pondering the COnCEPT Q Model. (I know that sounds crazy, at 4 am I ought to be sleeping or up working, but hey I was just pondering, good time for it I guess.) I retraced its history and tried to think of a time when I did not have this idea in my mind. I revisited 1986 when I was blessed with inspiration. I sat down in my mind at the desk in the home where we lived in Waco, Texas. I revisited ideas and events that caused me to begin writing. I remembered my frustration of not understanding the model enough that it caused me to quit writing. I pondered my defects back in time and considered how I had improved and realized that it was COnCEPT Q that helped me stay on track. I compared my strengths and abilities of today's me with the novice of me twenty years ago. I am NOT perfect!! but I am happy with what saw and excited with what I can be in the next twenty years.

James Allen in his wonderful little book As A Man Thinketh writes, "Calmness of the mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control. Its presence is an indication of ripened experience, and of a more than ordinary knowledge of the laws and operations of thought." As I took my 4 am stroll, I considered the strength and calmness that my mind experiences, even in the most difficult of times and I owe it to my constant journey toward Quarter Four. Oh no, please don't get me wrong. I do not feel that I have made it completely to Q4 and it still seems far off and will probably take the rest of my life to get there, but I do enjoy some of its benefits from the association of its characteristics.

James Allen continues to say "The strong, calm man is always loved and revered. He is like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land, or a sheltering rock in a storm." I have remembered that phrase many years and that has been one of my desires and I still continue to grow my tree because it is yet a sapling and my ability to be a sheltering rock is still that of just a stone. (I might be a good shelter for a few ants :-)

You know, I liked my little stroll through time, and it only encourages me on to become better and I am so grateful to be the one that was entrusted with COnCEPT Q and am excited to share it with others. It has made all the difference to me. A friend and the moderator of a master mind group to which I belong wrote something that makes me feel the huge responsibility that rests on my shoulders and gives me the desire to carry on. He said, "I give sincere gratitude to Don for not holding back any longer on releasing "There is No Power in Chaos" to the world. It would have been a crime for him to keep this to himself one day longer." And who wants to be guilt of a crime?

I am anxious for the book to be done, printed and available. It is the weight of that crime that keeps me awake at night. See you tomorrow.

No comments: