Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day Eleven - A Secret of THE SECRET

There are 2 essential beginning posts to read to understand what this blog is about:
Prelude to 90-day Case History of Mr.Faith and
A Brief Description of COnCEPT Q

I don't believe in the Law of Attraction the way too many people are presenting it especially after the hit movie The Secret. It seems that everyone wants to jump on that bandwagon. As I watched the movie for the first time I was appalled, my jaw drops and I couldn't believe what I was hearing and more so what I was seeing. Oh yes it was very professionally done and with all the expert guru's backing it up who could doubt? So how can anyone go up against that? But do you notice how many of those gurus are doing a lot of back pedaling? Trying to rectify some of the things said in the movie? So why endorse something that you have to change your opinion later? In The Secret's way of thinking with just directed thought, all of a sudden 'poof' your desire appears. Or in many cases, think about the things you don't want and 'viola' you get that too. If I could just think my way to all of my goals without any effort on my part that would probably do more harm than good. Attracting our desires just by the thought of it would create a world of many more lazy people than already exist. It would actually create chaos.

So by writing my opposing view do I get banned, and booed, and criticized for not following the big crowd? Well I certainly hope there are enough smart people to realize how accomplishment really happens. More that that, If I were to follow the crowd...I would have to take everything that I have learned and written about for the last 20 plus years and throw it out the window! That means I just trash more than half of my life, if I include the study that I put into it before I received the inspiration that comprises COnCEPT Q.

John Masters, an Australian oil man said, "You have to recognize that every "out-front" maneuver is going to be lonely. But if you feel entirely comfortable, then you're not far enough ahead to do any good. That warm sense of everything going well is usually the body temperature at the center of the herd. Only if you're far enough ahead to be at risk do you have a chance for large rewards."

Writing my opposition to The Secret makes me feel a bit lonely except for the fact that there are one or two people that also oppose it, Kevin Hogan being one of them. Now you see, Kevin is also a person that had the opportunity to be one of the experts, but he turned it down because he WILL NOT compromise his integrity. Nor will I compromise my integrity. By the way, Kevin has written the foreword to my book There Is No Power In Chaos and he does state that, "Some of the concepts in the book are so new that you’ll have to read the chapters twice. But then, it starts to sink in and you really do find yourself reading one of the finest personal development books ever written."

For a very long time I have actively pursued the ideas that compose the COnCEPT Q Philosophy. After much thought and even more effort many of the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Events are now happening that facilitate its reality, but that only comes after I have done my part. Oh yes, I believe that I am attracting those things that are necessary for its success, but not without my own trials of my faith in what I am doing. But hey!, that is a Q3 event! And what does that mean? It means as long as I continue to pursue my objectives, Quarter 4 (or the accomplishment) is just around the corner!

Oh by the way, since I was young I have never like to be in the middle of the crowd, I liked being out front. When I was 3, (yes three years old) I still can vividly remember being in the Gem County Kid's Parade, on my little red plastic motorcycle. And I was put in line to proceed with the parade. For whatever reason, I figured it was a race or I wanted to be out in front, so I pulled out of line and as fast as I could make my little legs push I started passing everyone. I was lucky that dad was running along beside next to the crowd on the side of the street, cause when I got to the point that the parade made a turn I would have kept going straight on out of town!
Who knows where I would have ended up.

My point is that you don't have to follow the crowd either and I can guarantee that I won't let you get off track either. There Is No Power In Chaos is a guide that WILL keep you on track without you waking up one day and finding out that a few miss guiding 'gurus' told you things that really got you nowhere.

No comments: