Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Day Ninety Four - Post Reduction

I made it to 90 days of posting skipping only a few days, part of it because of the wedding and not being near a computer. I also think that much of this ended up like a diary instead of a case history. Yet if we were to do an analysis on these last 90 days I think that it is simple to see what happens to most people. I had a sincere goal with a deadline. I worked hard to get it finished and because of work and other activities that happen in everyday life I got distracted. This is one fourth of a year. And the next 90 days will come and go in the same way. I desired it with all my heart. Sure there are many things that are working in my favor and that is great but the book didn't just plop itself down in my lap ready to be sold. There is a lot of work involved and someone has to do it. Whether I do it myself or I hire the work done someone has to do it. That is far different than what the Secret teaches. That is far different than what too many people want to have happen.

Will There Is No Power In Chaos make me some money? Absolutely. But only if I continue to make this continue on its journey. So what can you learn from my 90 day experiment? Well, first of all, if you don't have a dream or something that motivates you to do something everyday, even if it is a blog that tells the world what you are doing to get closer to your goal, then you'll live 4 90-day segments a year until you die, doing things for someone else. And even if you don't have a huge crowd that reads what you write, then you'll know that is one of the next steps you must master: marketing.

For those that have been consistent readers, Thank you! It helps me to see the number rise on the counter, even if it is just a little bit. Thank you to those who have added comments. Then I really do know someone is keeping tabs on my progress. It makes pounding the keys a bit easier. So for now I will keep you posted on the big steps of progress and let you know the new launch date. (A little secret) Someone told me that it ought to be around Thanksgiving if I want it for Christmas. We'll see, got to get it to the printer.

As a side note, my brother, Dan is putting a new print shop / bindery / order fulfillment in and they just got word that the building will be ready Nov.1st. That gives us a place to have the books shipped to in November and ready for distribution sometime in November also. We have all the little things coming into place a bit at a time, so I am not too worried about missing the October 8th launch, with a wedding in the middle, we just weren't ready.

But we will be, next time,... besides isn't the third time supposed to be a charm?

No comments: